Ten years after the brutal Maguindanao massacre on November 23, 2009, the case verdict has finally been laid down.
Quezon City Regional Trial Court with Presiding Judge Jocelyn Solis-Reyes has declared Datu Andal Ampatuan Jr., ex Maguindanao mayor and leader of the mass killing, guilty for the murder of 57 people.
Also, other Ampatuans were found guilty as charged and they are: Datu Zaldy Ampatuan, Datu Anwar Ampatuan Sr., Datu Anwar Ampatuan Jr., Datu Anwar Sajid Ampatuan.
However, two relatives, Datu Sajid Islam Ampatuan and Datu Akmad Ampatuan Sr., were acquitted due to reasonable doubt.
The court meted reclusion perpetua or up to 40 years imprisonment without the benefit of parole as their punishment.
Joining the Ampatuans as guilty are as follows:
- Inspector Saudi Mokamad
- Patrolman Jonathan Engid
- Abedin Alamada a.ka. Kumander Bedi
- Talembo “Tammy” Masukat a.k.a Talembo Kahar Abdulrakman
- Theng P. Sali a.k.a. Abdullah hamid Abdulkahar
- Manny Ampatuan,
- Nasser Esmael a.k.a. Nasrudin Esmael
- Police Major Sukarno Dicay
- Supterintendent Abusama Mundas Maguid
- Superintendent Bahnarin Kamaong
- Tato Tampogao,
- Mohades Ampatuan
- Mohamad To Datumanong a.k.a. Nicomedes Amad Tolentino
- Misuari Ampatuan
- Taya Bangkulat
- Salik Bangkulat,
- Thong Guiamano a.k.a. Ibrahim Kamal Tatak,
- Sonny K. Pindi a.k.a. Joven Salazar Piang
- Armando Ambalgan a.k.a. Jamil Bulatukan Kayansang/Bolatokan Omar
- Kudza Masukat Uguia a.k.a. datu Teng/Mustapha Ibrahim,
- Edres Kasan a.k.a. Edres Gogo Alip,
- Zacaria P. Akin
- Samaon Andatuan