The newest set of beauty queens were crowned on Sunday, August 18, during the coronation night of Mutya Pilipinas 2019, a rebranding of Mutya ng Pilipinas, at the Mall of Asia Arena.
Among those who bagged the crowns were from Mindanao, dominating the pageant of 40 contestants coming from the different parts of the country and of the world.
Klyza Castro, a Davaoeño beauty, was hailed as the Mutya Pilipinas Asia Pacific International while Zamboanga City pride April Short won the title as Mutya Pilipinas World Top Model.
Meanwhile, Castro has to prepare herself as she will contend for her next pageant in October and will try to bring 2-peat win for the Philippines, following Sharifa Areef Mohammad Omar Akeel, the current Miss Asia Pacific International. Akeel is the first Muslim to take home the title and the fifth Filipino to win the crown.
Meanwhile, Tyra Goldman, a representative of Filipino community in Nevada, also carries the same mission as Mutya Pilipinas International and has to maintain the Philippines’ record for having the most number of wins and runners-up.
On the other hand, Short will train at the Professional Models Association of the Philippines prior to her competition in the 2019 World Top Model contest that will be held in December.
In addition, a representative from the Filipino community in California, Louise Janica Arroyo An, won the title Mutya Pilipinas Overseas Communities succeeding Jade Roberts of Australia.
Finalizing the new batch of Mutya Pilipinas were Cyrille Payumo of Pampanga as the first runner-up and Maxinne Rangel of Batangas as the second runner-up.
Below are the candidates who won special awards:
- People’s Choice – Maxinne Nicole Rangel
- Best in Evening Gown – Cyrille Payumo
- Best in Swimsuit – Maxinne Nicole Rangel
- Best in Talent – Irish Silades
- Miss Friendship – Maricres Castro
- Miss Photogenic – Lady Justerinnie Santos
- Miss Prime Group of Companies – Cyrille Payumo
- Miss Ascott – Jigg Kristy Ang
- Miss Camera Club of the Philippines – Andrea Fe Gomez
- Miss Cebu Landmasters – Cyrille Payumo
- Miss Sheridan – Maria Angelica Pantaliano
- Miss Hyundai – Lady Justerinnie Santos
- Miss Organique – April Short
- Miss Mestiza – Maria Angelica Pantaliano
- Miss Pretty Looks – Savannah Rosemary Catayas
- Miss Echolac – Maxinne Nicole Rangel
- Miss CWC – Andrea Fe Gomez