Sorry, GOT fans, Season 8 won’t get a do-over!

0
194
Season 8 of ‘Game of Thrones’ won’t get a do-over, said HBO chief
The Game of Thrones executives had addressed the petition but announced on Wednesday that they will not have the do-over of its last season.

HBO programming chief Casey Bloys rejected the petition of Game of Thrones fans to re-do the Season 8 of the TV series. 

The GOT executives had addressed the petition but announced on Wednesday that they will not have the do-over of its last season. 

It is sad to say but the clamor of the fans has been in vain. 

According to Bloys, there was no serious consideration in remaking the ending of the story that some viewers and fans find disappointing. 

He even added that that kind of critic is the downside of having a hugely popular TV show like Game of Thrones. However, he mentioned that fans have strong opinions on what could be a satisfying conclusion of the story. 

Although, some viewers appreciated the ending saying that those are the choices that made a lot of sense for all the characters. 

Bloys said during a TV critics’ meeting that he appreciates the passion fans have for the saga which was based on George R.R. Martin’s novels. 

The TV series had a record-breaking 32 Emmy nominations earlier this month and hit record highs for HBO. 

HBO wants to keep fans’ fervor alive as it is already working on a prequel of Game of Thrones. 

The first episode of the prequel is set in the beautiful place of Ireland and the dailies look really good, according to Bloys. Naomi Watts will star the planned series which is set thousands of years before the original plot of the story. 

He was also asked if the negative reaction to Game of Thrones ending will shape the story of the prequel, his answer was “not at all.” 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here